Monday, May 21, 2012











Cinnamon Blueberry
Pancake Cake
According to my son, this is the Best Breakfast Ever Known

Ok. So you may have noticed that breakfast is a recurring thing here. But, I know breakfast more-so than lunch and dinner. That is Daddy's specialty. 

This morning, I wanted pancakes. That just seemed like too much of an effort while I could be doing other things. Plus (lazy me) didn't want to scrub the pan clean either. So hmmm...I wonder if making a pancake in a casserole dish, will work.
"It did!"
I took our favorite dry pancake batter mix, added milk and whisked it to a desired consistency. Dropped in some fresh blueberries and sprinkled it with cinnamon. Popped it into the oven at 350ºF and let it bake until it smelled great, turned a toasty brown and a dry toothpick proved it was done.
"It was deeelicious."
And I was able to save the rest of the casserole in the fridge for tomorrow morning. 
"SWEET." 
Oh, which reminds me. Don't forget the maple syrup.


p.s. My son just read back this blog to me. I am so impressed and so proud! He also pointed out that delicious is spelled wrong. So much for my creative accents. sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment