Saturday, October 30, 2010



The Smallest Jack-O-Lantern
My large beautiful pumpkin bit the dust before I could carve it. So I grabbed this little guy off of our living room table centerpiece and did the unthinkable! The trick is to use a melon baller to get out the insides. Seriously, I could have probably finished 10 of these in a half an hour.

We are going to a "BOO BOWL" tonight at the local bowling alley. The kids get to dress up in their costumes and bowl for a couple of hours. I was thinking of bringing these little jack-o-lanterns to decorate our score tracking display. Could you imagine the kids faces when I pull pumpkins out of my purse? Haha, I love pulling the ridiculous out of my magically, mysterious, Mary Poppins-like, mother bag. They eat it that stuff up!

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow! I really need to visit your store to get some ideas. You're so amazing! By the way, thanks for the activity page you sent, we used it in our store. We definitely should do a collaboration – it'll be an honor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are too kind! Doing art for the kids entertainment is my ultimate favorite. I am so glad I have a son who tells me if it is a winner or if it's not.

    I can't believe the holiday table is up. Oh man, here we go!

    ReplyDelete